ikura for breakfast!

by mikka












I started my whirlwind day in Tokyo at the Tsukiji Fish Market, which - with its multitude of motorized tentacle bearing trolley/motorcycles (or "special vehicles" to read the sign, below) and giant plastic buckets bearing even more giant severed fish heads - was a pretty good way to wake up on a coffee-less morning. After almost two hours of wandering around in the cold amidst purposeful fish-shoppers, dazed looking tourists clutching their cameras (at least I wasn't alone?) and the catches of the day feebly fluttering their fins in their tanks, I ducked into one of the many (many) sushi restaurants and had amazingly awesome ikura nigiri for breakfast.





This warning should pretty much be dangled over my head all the time, but also especially here what with the special vehicles and their mikka death wish. Many, many more photos to come later while I've still got the awesome wireless.