Mysore markets

by mikka



Silly as it sounds, one of the reasons I chose to visit Mysore was Devaraja Market, which, though touristy and full of some seriously pushy salespeople, is still a really fun place to wander around taking photos. Julian the Rickshaw Guy also took me to anther, smaller market whose name I never caught, so many of the photos are actually from there as well.













The next day, I went from Mysore to Bangalore to Mumbai, where I somehow made an insanely tight connection in an insanely huge airport without any incident, to London, where they lost my bag (I always loose my bag!), to meet up with Iain in Aberdeen. Like I said earlier, I wish I'd had more time in India because ten days is not nearly enough, but I'm mainly just happy to have gotten a tiny glimpse of such a vast (and vastly interesting) place.  Even though I was exhausted and sick of lugging a huge backpack around, I had a great time. Without hopefully sounding too greedy, I hope I can go back someday and see more of it.