miraflores

by mikka


A few snapshots of Miraflores, the suburb of Lima we're staying in; our first day in South America - and my first day ever in the Southern Hemisphere -  was grey and a bit cold, and we didn't do much except wander around getting oriented after leaving my mother's house in Oakland at 3 am, and arriving late last night at 2 am, after a remarklably hassle-free series of flights and layovers. 



After just a few hours here, I already wish that I'd been a better student in high school Spanish; so far, though, people have been pretty nice despite our total inability to speak coherently, so, here's hoping we get better. Also, were you wondering, the toilets do swirl the other way in the South Hemisphere, which is very exciting.



So anyway, that's here; more soon, when we've seen more and I'm more coherent. For now, hello from Peru :-)