Goodbye to Hanoi (for slightly longer this time)

by mikka



Unusually quiet streets in early morning Hanoi.



Bleary-eyed after not nearly enough sleep and sitting in Hanoi airport, waiting for my flight to Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand, where I'll be for a few days before hopefully making my way by river into Laos, then looping through Cambodia to get back to Vietnam. At any rate, here are a few last shots of Hanoi (I never did manage to get a lot of street images up here), which I took last Friday while wandering aimlessly around the Old Quarter waiting for things to open after my train dropped me off at 4 am. I left my guesthouse at six this morning, where the streets were equally quiet, populated only by a few vendors setting up shop and the random Hanoians doing everything from Tai Chi to pushups along the road; I'll miss it here.