haqqr year or ther abbit

by mikka


Last weekend, Yuka came over and we started a new years card assembly line of rubber stamps, glitter and craft tape. New Years postcards are huge here, and I like that they're for the new year, rather than for any particular religious holiday; while I probably won't make 75 personalized cards, as I did last year for my Westgate students - I did want to make some for friends and family back home. 


Fortunately, Yuka is very craft-y, and so brought along an amazing array of stamps and ink, amongst which was a very cool alphabet thing that allowed you to make your own personalized stamp by placing teeny tiny little magnetized letters on a bigger stamp. As I'm not sure how well-aquainted everyone back home is with the eastern astrological signs, I wanted to make something to clarify why all my cards are peppered with bunnies. (Though, anyone who knew me back when Sophy the bunny was terrorizing my family probably wouldn't have been too surprised to get a bunny card from me anyway.) As you can see, mastering the alphabet stamps took some work: 


Anyway, I plan to send cards out in the next few days or so! If you want one, just drop me a line :-)