photo of the month!

by mikka


A photo I took in Mishima this past April won the Photoburst Photo of the Month contest! If you've never seen Photoburst, you should most definitely check it out - the photographs are amazing, and I never seriously expected to win so much as a photo of the day, much less month. As you can see from the current photos being posted right now, I get to be guest editor and choose the winners for this entire month. It's been really interesting - and difficult - so far, and I'm really enjoying getting to look at so many photos, though choosing just seven a week is nearly impossible. I also got a $50 gift certificate to Kiva, which I can't wait to use. 


October actually turned out to be kind of an exciting month, photography-wise: I also got a photo actually printed for the first time ever in the Metropolis Magazine Photo of the Week, and a shout-out as Fotomoto's Featured Artist. Anyway, apologies for the shameless self-promotion: I don't usually win things like this, so October was the most exciting month ever. OK, bragging over.