japan through a holga!

by mikka


I love Holga cameras, even if I sometimes guiltily suspect that the dreamy vignetted style of the resulting photographs means you can slack off from behind the camera, as the photos look amazing no matter what you do. At any rate, after Yuka told me about the cheap film processing here, I asked my mom to send me my much-loved Holga (thanks Mom!), which had been languishing unused for two years now. It just seemed prohibitively expensive to bring it along to Europe or Vietnam, though now - having gotten back first few rolls - I wish I had, because Holgas = awesome. 


A shrine in Shimoda, which reminds me that I never got around to finishing writing about Shimoda! Next post, I swear. Also, it turns out Fuji Provia slide film produces really vivid colors while still being a bit dark and moody, which I like a lot. 


An exceptionally nasty dog that tried to eat me, in Numazu.


Kite surfing! 


Over the next few days, you can see bigger copies of these and more at my photoblog, which I am trying to be better about maintaining.