in which i finally figure out how to upload video

by mikka


Above: it's Genki! *

Japanese stationary stores are much cooler than American stationary stores, and the seasonal greeting cards (for pretty much every occasion and currently blooming flower imaginable) are no exception:

Above: Happy Ninetieth Birthday, Grandma Tokuda! When I was a kid, my grandmother wrote the best letters; one of my favorites is of her describing a firefly-filled summer trip she and her family took to Japan (by boat!) when she was about eight years old.

Check out what happens when you push the button:


Above: So much cooler than an e-card. Also, also check out: uploaded video without youtube! Finally!

* The family dog when I was a kid. He was basically a bastard, but I still have a lot of fond memories of him and his bastardly ways. And yes, I know you're snickering at the name if you speak Japanese and therefore know that 'genki' (ie, 'healthy, energetic') is the standard response to "How are you?" but, Iain has a HUMAN student named Genki, so, it's not just my family!