Elementary Three!

by mikka


The only class I've had that ever bothered to sing along with the songs I bring them - my wonderful Elementary Three class on our last day.Left to right: Tung, Tuan, Sac, Huyen, Nga, Yen, An, Thuy Anh and Mien. I didn't even have to force them to write "Love Mikka" on the board or anything.


Each class I teach ends with an excursion (my school gives me about $1 a student to treat them to tea or ice cream); my Elementary Three class, which ended last Wednesday, marks the end of the first round of classes I've taught from the start (the first classes I taught were started by another teacher). I'm always sad on the last day, but I was especially sad to have this class end, as they are an incredibly sweet group and they worked incredibly hard. Most of the Elementary classes I've taught don't bother to speak a lot of English during our class party, but these guys kept it up the whole time. I was really lucky to have such a fun class, and I know I'll miss them a lot.

With this class over, my teaching schedule is finally going a bit easy on my brain - I teach three Intermediate One adult classes, and one Intermediate One teen class during the week, so more mental whiplash as I run from advanced to elementary classes back to back, at least till Sunday rolls around (during which I teach very, very low levels). So that's here - outside it is raining torrentially and I am being lazy after my very early morning of teaching, sitting around Iain's room waiting for him to get home from work and watching youtubed Top Model episodes. I'm finally moving to my own place this week, so more on that later, hopefully.