london!

by mikka



I'm actually in Bristol right now, but I'm also kind of neurotic, which means I want my photos to correspond to my post, so this is sort of a retroactive blog (and also a re-and-re-typed one, since the first computer I was using in the dimly-lit internet-corner of my hostel kept eating it); at any rate, I got into London on Friday and my dad and I spent the weekend doing extremely touristy things in the city. My favorite was probably the Tower of London, which was also the high point of my life when I was ten and my dad took me then, probably (ok, certainly) because of this:




ahh, priorities.






At any rate, aside from somewhat creepily noticing that they had vamped up the scaffold site and installed costumed actors in various spots across the castle (though, thankfully, not in the torture chambers), it was fun to go back and see it again, even if I felt slightly too silly actually asking the, um, king any questions about his late medieval existence.

Aside from that, I am drinking lots of tea (and avoiding things labeled 'taco tuna sandwiches' at the bus station), not getting too lost, and otherwise having lots of fun, though I miss everyone a lot. Will post more photos of assorted churches, cathedrals and abbeys when I get back from Bristol/Bath/Glastonbury.