home

by mikka



Berkeley BART!


I was home(ish) in the Bay Area for about two seconds this weekend where I mostly stayed in totally new places (my stepdad's house in the Berkeley Hills - with its corresponding fancy looking and equally unfamiliar BART station - and my sister's cool San Francisco apartment with its view of Alcatraz). I didn't do too much due to time constraints, though I did manage to do what I always end up doing when I go home, which is get lost driving around the mountains on Skyline and now - thanks to John's North Berkeley location - Grizzly Peaks) and wandering around the ginormous Longs Drugs in Rockridge that I swear sells everything ever made ever and where I have probably spent several months worth of my life, though this time I actually had the legitimate excuse of getting travel provisions (hooray for shower flipflops and cold-eeze!)

Anyway, I need to clean the apartment before running a bunch of last minute errands before jumping on a train to New Haven tonight, so here are some more photos of why I love the Bay Area.





View from Skyline (taken in December with the fog rolling in over the lights of the East Bay, as I was too busy being lost this time around to take many photos)- Wouldn't you want to spend all your time up there too?


you will never lack for anything ever again.



I haven't seen the Golden Gate Bridge in too many years to count, so please forgive my total touristiness right now.