by mikka

Dear Let's Go Tour Books:


On an unrelated note, by the way, I'm totally breaking up with the Let's Go guidebooks; I used to swear by them religiously and I still love their emphasis on the cheap places, but they never have enough information and they've gotten me lost too many times now. Rough Guides seem to be emerging as a slightly better (though heavier - oww, my poor back) if more uptight alternative (I highly recommend their one on the Scottish Islands), though I'm open to suggestions (still have yet to use a Lonely Planet - every one I flip through in the bookstore seems so bland, am I just not looking hard enough?) Anyway, sorry Let's Go. It's not you, it's me; I think maybe I've grown older and less appreciative of your four pages of pub listings to one-page of actual restaurant listings ratio. To be honest, I sensed things were going sour after you got us hopelessly lost in Marseille (even if you did sort of make it up with the amazing dinner recommendation) and I just can't take your dismissive attitude towards things I want to see and your constant holier-than-thou reminders I should totally never hitchhike coupled with the insinuation that you so totally have like, a million times, and are just that much cooler for it. I'm sure we can still be friends and I'll totally flip through you in the bookstore to get those pub listings, .