Indian sunset

by mikka


above: the bin's painted 'use me!' sign went largely disregarded.

After leaving Vietnam, Iain had to rush back to Scotland to attend a stag party, and I went to India by myself for a too-fast ten-day visit before joining him. I've wanted to visit India for years, but with only ten days, I decided to forgo the famous sites in favor of something a little more chilled out. I chose Kerala for no special reason other than that one of my favorite novels was set there,  but it turned out to be a pretty awesome place. 


Though the whole visit was awesome, my favorite day in India was probably the first day, before the monsoon hit, where I wandered around Fort Cochin aimlessly and watched the sunset on the beach amidst the crowds of families.


(and also nuns)


Chinese fishing nets. 


I'm so late in blogging about India that I can no longer remember all the things I wanted to blog about, but I'll try to post a few more photos, at least. And then maybe, eventually, this blog can fall back in sync with real time?