hen gap lai vietnam

by mikka



The waterfall was more or less the end of our road trip. We got back into Hanoi two days later, and had a handful of days to say goodbye to our friends, eat as much Hanoi food as possible, and get our bike confiscated and then returned by the police, and then it was time to head to Saigon to catch our flights out.



It was so hard to leave Vietnam. Before we arrived in late March this year, I'd worried returning would be a disappointment, but from the moment our plane started to descend, and I saw the headlights of Saigon motorbike traffic bobbing unevenly in the streets, I felt insanely happy, and felt that way for the next two months. I love being in Vietnam, Hanoi especially. It was great to be back and to see our old friends. I don't know if I'll ever live there again the way we did two years ago, but I know I'll always be drawn back there whenever I get the chance.


So, see you again (again) Vietnam! I'm so happy we got to visit this Spring.