happy 2011!

by mikka


Happy 2011! We are back in Numazu after a whirlwind visit to California; it was beyond wonderful to see my family and friends, and I felt very lucky to have had the chance to spend some time with them all, however briefly. 2010 was a great year: we were so lucky to have gotten our jobs and to have spent so much time in Japan, in this beautiful part of the country by the mountains and the beach. Though I'm not a hundred percent sure exactly where we'll geographically find ourselves throughout the year to come, I am still crazy excited for the things I know 2011 holds, particularly returning to Hanoi and spending more time at home with my family.

We arrived back here on Tuesday, about 24.5 hours after waking up at 3:40 at my dad's house to catch our cab to LAX, and immediately plunged back into work and - more excitingly - a visit from my old New York roommate, Kate. Things should be slowing down a bit more now, so, more updates to follow, hopefully. In the meantime, happy year of the rabbit!