the best playground ever

by mikka


Just an ordinary, peaceful playground, except for...


GODZILLA!!!!! If I'd gone to school here as a kid, I would have had SO MUCH FUN. 

Yesterday Yuka took us to her hometown to see the massive Ishioka Festival, where we ate lots of festival food (yakitori and kebobs, mostly), miraculously avoided getting crushed in the crowd of parade floats bearing dancers and men wearing lion heads, and basically had an awesome time. This lazy post (taken the next morning as we walked her mom's dog around the block) is because it's taking me some time to sort through the six hundred photos of the festival (anyone who's seen me with a camera at a photogenic event knows that this is not an exaggeration, though I'm sure my hard drive wishes it was). At any rate, many photos (though not six hundred, I promise) to follow (again, for real, I promise).