green & blue

by mikka


 Bugs may have eaten all my basil, and my cucumbers apparently only produce hopeful but doomed female flowers which sprout tiny cucumbers and then shrivel up and die, unfertilized*, but the tomatoes are still doing well in the rainy season heat and humidity. Above are some plum-shaped cherry tomatoes that have just started growing. 


Above: One down, five to go! 

You know what else is fun to do in the rainy season heat and humidity? Knit a 100% wool sweater! And then wear it outside for a photo. So dumb. At any rate, the vine yoke cardigan is done and now neatly folded up and stowed far, far away so that I don't have to touch it until the temperature drops.


Yay, knitting. It's not the most convenient hobby to have overseas, but I like the fact that wearing this sweater will always remind me of sitting in our tiny Numazu garden (or, more often than not, sitting under the air conditioner inside our Numazu apartment). I may have mentioned that it's kind of hot here. 

* Seriously, it is the most tragic thing ever.