Eclipse!

by mikka



9:36 A.M.


I didn't find out until yesterday about the longest solar eclipse of the 21st century, but, as it happens, Hai Ning is right in it's path! (In retrospect, this does explain why all my campers had been running around in silver paper sunglasses all week and forcing me to put them on and stare directly at the sun. I thought it was a strange choice of toy for them all to randomly have.) At any rate, I didn't manage to get my hands on a pair of those glasses - or a welding mask - but I still got to see Hai Ning plunge into darkness at 9:34 this morning, which was extremely cool. It was rainy and misty, which made it hard to take photos, but it was just cool to be standing outside, watching with everyone else on the street and seeing all the people crowd around the windows of their office buildings and shops.