je ne pa parle francais

by mikka




Hey, a scaffold site! Let's all take photos of it.



Back from Paris, where the keyboards were too disorienting for me to try and update (it is still odd to me that periods are secondary keys but exclamation points are not; maybe French is just more exhuberant), and where I did lots of "Hey look I'm in Paris!" things like visit the Louvre, Versailles, the Champes d'Elysee and Arc D'Triomphe, and also sit in cafes, drink painfully strong espresso and eat an obscene amount of pan au chocolat (they sell heated chocolate croissants at the metro stations; how awesome is that? Also on the topic of the Metro - my subway stop was designed to look like a submarine. Croissants + submarines + whimsical carnival music whenever an announcement is made =BEST MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM EVER.)





It was definitely a little more isolating being alone in a big city and where I only speak enough of the language to apologize for not speaking the language (and to order a pan au chocolate), especially since internet access was expensive and my mobile wasn't working, though next week both Maggie and Sean will be out here, and it will be SO MUCH FUN I might actually explode, it'll be that much fun.

Anyway, up next, photos of Wales, but for now I need to actually leave the house and do something with my day.