taquile island

by mikka


I don't have as many photos of the second non-floating island we visited, in part because I didn't really like it as much. Taquile is a bit lusher than Amantani, and quite possibly objectively prettier, but by the time we got there, I was a bit burned out on being on a tour and bracing myself for a island even more touristy than Amantani. 


Weirdly, we saw almost no people there who were not tourists, so I'm sure other people visiting on other days had a completely different experience than we did, but the whole thing had slightly ghost-townish feeling to it. 


After hiking across the island, stopping for lunch and listening to a pretty long description of what the different men's hats on the island symbolized (okay, I did like this part; life would be so much easier at home if people had hats to signify whether they were single and looking, or married), we hopped back onto our boat for the three hour ride back to Puno.