ambiguity

by mikka



Last Thursday, I think I not only botched a roomful of pre-schoolers' understanding of the words boy and girl, but also deeply traumatized one little boy in particular by referring to him as - you guessed it - a girl. Smooth move. In my defensive, he had long, flowing hair, so I hope he at least directs some of his anger at his hairstylist in addition to me when he's sitting on a therapist's couch years from now.

At any rate, I got mine this morning when I discovered that a) apparently my photo blog was listed as one of 47 Awesome Photojournalism blogs and b) they think I'm a guy. Oh well - I can't pretend it didn't totally make my day, and if that little boy I traumatized knew more than six words of English (bet he's never going to forget the word boy now, though, huh?) I would totally try to explain to him that the same thing happened to me when I was a short-haired little girl, and apparently, has continued well into my long-haired adulthood as well.