Shanghai!

by mikka



We are in Shanghai, where we haven't done much more than get ourselves to our hostel (no easy feat with four massive bags) and make a brief excursion out to the Bund, though before we were even allowed to get off the plane, we had our temperatures taken by a solemn, white-hazmatted health inspector in the plane, who took *every* single person's temperature with a strange forehead laser pointer before giving us clearance to step into China. This morning was muggy, though not as humid as Hanoi, and the tops of the Pudong skyscrapers were shrouded in mist. (I am not evolved or classy enough, by the way, to not snicker at the name "Pudong.") We haven't had the chance to explore much, but despite being massively exhausted, I'm so excited to be here; Shanghai definitely a world away from Hanoi and we have a whole week before summer camp starts, so more to follow I hope. (A side note - China blocks blogspot, the website I usually post through, so any blogs while I'm here are either posted via flickr or e-mail, so I'm sorry in advance if they look a bit funky).