Last day

by mikka



Back in London, where I have about 30 more hours before heading back home; with the endpoint to this whole trip so close in sight, I am so tired and ready to be back in Brooklyn that I'm only a little sad at the thought of saying goodbye to this entire trip. On my last day in Spain, I took the rickety, improbable bus up into the Albacin neighborhood in Granada to take in one last look at the Sierra Nevadas from the Plaza San Nicholas amidst dreadlocked tourists with their 40s and small dogs, flamenco guitar players and necklace vendors (who can shut down shop and scatter in a matter of minutes when the police come). None of my tour books mentioned that bus service, but anyone who ever visits Granada should take it through the Albacin at least once, if only to see for yourself how a wide bus is somehow manage to trundle through narrow, winding, steep cobbled streets without killing anyone. The view doesn't suck either.